- Level: Intermediate
- Based in Toronto, Canada
- Open to applicants in ET time zone or thereabouts, with intention to relocate as possible
- Full time
Our company is part of a transformative ecosystem rooted in plurality and equity.
We know our success emerges from these values. TRU LUV is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
DO I NEED TO MEET ALL CRITERIA TO APPLY?
Definitely not. If you share our mission of helping communities achieve revolutionary impact through amplified compassion and want to deepen your relationship with energies of celebration, curiosity, love, intention and care, we’d love to meet you and discover what is possible.
YOUR IMPACT AS A DATA ANALYST AT TRU LUV:
At TRU LUV, we’re creating the delicious future we want to live in, and we’re living it today. Applying new learnings in technology, science and human connection, we invite communities into smoother achievement through radical presence, compassion and collective flow. Through transforming ourselves and the way we work, we’re transforming technology to reflect and amplify our most open, compassionate and generative natures.
As we explore forms of human-computer interaction that stimulate compassion rather than shock, fear, danger or challenge, we’re discovering entirely new categories of products. Our model is a fresh alternative to the gamification model that reflects and amplifies reactivity and dominance.
This role is a unique opportunity to be the first major contributor to a new, ethical approach to data analysis and optimization. As our data analyst at TRU LUV, you will own the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data from our research collective and in-house neuroscience lab, using an evolution of grounded theory and other methods to help our team optimize for presence, transformation and other impact metrics rather than for engagement or retention.
You’ll have freedom to experiment and discover patterns in our data and ways to display them, supporting our team to optimize for presence and transformation. You will analyze data across multiple sources and for multiple projects, from our experimental app #SelfCare (over 4m downloads with no advertising) to our currently undisclosed social platform.
ON THE HORIZON YOU MAY:
- Develop and implement machine learning models to optimize our platforms for maximum impact for groups and individuals
QUARTERLY YOU MAY:
- Design and document metrics and visualisations to model our quarterly goals
- Maintain our strategic dashboard for investors, board members, partners, and other external audiences
- Review and choose data analysis tools, programming languages, or other platforms necessary to get your work done
- Establish, document and iterate upon best practices and processes within the data vertical
EACH BIWEEKLY DEVELOPMENT CYCLE YOU MAY:
- Design and maintain tactical dashboards for internal team
- Identify notable trends, outstanding data points, or other areas of interest that may guide product decisions
- Generate data visualisation and communication, internal and external
- Correlate qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources, such as Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Unity Dashboard, Matomo and email
EACH DAY YOU MAY:
- Understand and champion our industry-leading approach to privacy and ethics
- Work closely with our impact director to respond to daily team needs
- Create on-demand analysis to guide product decisions
- Analyse and explain data from neurological lab experiments, such as an EEG scan, pulse, or other biometric data
- Optimize your initiatives for increased presence, compassion and co-creative ability rather than optimizing for compulsive use
- Explore consciousness and collective flow to inform your work
WHAT YOU BRING TO TRU LUV:
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst
- 1-2 successful projects you can talk to us about
- Mobile app and start-up metrics
- Comfortable in a fast-growing environment where plans and priorities change quickly and everyone helps each other out to achieve our deliverables
- A love of big picture and strategic thinking
- Creativity, adaptability and resilience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a high degree of ownership with shifting priorities and an attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Thorough problem-solving abilities
- A thoughtful and considerate mindset
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, or math, or equivalent independent study and/or work experience
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with impact metrics
- Experience in identifying biases in data for marginalized communities whose voices are often overlooked in the tech industry
- In your application, send us an example of a company that does things right
SOME THINGS YOU MIGHT LOVE ABOUT WORKING WITH US:
- You can become a leader in a new data paradigm
- Our internal culture interweaves self-leadership, transformational peer mentorship and our AI model to allow us to create magic together
- Our AI engine invites radical change in how we perceive, experience, interact, build and achieve together
- We optimize for presence and transformation rather than engagement and retention
- We’ll continue with flexible working arrangements once we return to our office
- You can receive expert training for speaking and community engagement opportunities
- We offer stock options, extended medical insurance and in-house developmental activities
- We offer relocation support for the right candidates
- We work with a range of global experts and marginalized communities
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.