You will be informing the design and development of our new collective care platform to support our growing audience.
- Level: Senior
- Based in Toronto, Canada
- Open to applicants in ET time zone only, with intention to relocate as possible
- Full time
Our company is part of a transformative ecosystem rooted in plurality and equity.
We know our success emerges from these values. TRU LUV is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
DO I NEED TO MEET ALL CRITERIA TO APPLY?
Definitely not. If you share our mission of helping communities achieve revolutionary impact through amplified compassion and want to deepen your relationship with energies of celebration, curiosity, love, intention and care, we’d love to meet you and discover what is possible.
YOUR IMPACT AS A COMMUNITY DIRECTOR AT TRU LUV:
At TRU LUV, we’re creating the delicious future we want to live in, and we’re living it today. Applying new learnings in technology, science and human connection, we invite communities into smoother achievement through radical presence, compassion and collective flow. Through transforming ourselves and the way we work, we’re transforming technology to reflect and amplify our most open, compassionate and generative natures.
As we explore forms of human-computer interaction that stimulate compassion rather than shock, fear, danger or challenge, we’re discovering entirely new categories of products. Our model is a fresh alternative to the gamification model that reflects and amplifies reactivity and dominance.
This role is a unique opportunity to be the first major contributor to a new type of collective care platform. As our community director at TRU LUV, you will own the care and growth of our community. Expanding upon a solid foundation of mission-first culture, you will research and implement experiences to invite our audience into presence and transformation. You will drive all community platforms and communication channels you own to benefit our new and growing community.
You’ll have freedom to experiment and discover ways to serve a new and growing audience. You’ll define and document your own vision, mission, commitments, methods and results for your initiatives. Over time you will have the opportunity to build out a great team of community professionals and support the broader communication goals of the company. You will start with hands-on responsibilities, gradually delegating as you grow your team.
You will develop community initiatives across multiple platforms and for multiple projects, from our experimental app #SelfCare (over 4m downloads with no advertising) to our currently undisclosed social platform.
ON THE HORIZON YOU MAY:
- Collaborate on a vision for community at a company-wide, executive level
- Develop and implement our community growth strategy to create a worldwide supportive and transformative movement
QUARTERLY YOU MAY:
- Establish, document and iterate upon best practices and processes within the community vertical
- Grow and mentor a team of inclusive and collaborative community professionals
- Work with our team to optimize our #SelfCare-to-community funnel
- Test and implement additional community platforms, developing guidelines, enrolling community moderators and managing online community engagement and care
- Identify, contact and work with external partners that share our values
- Organize in-person and virtual events to bring our community together
- Identify and nurture community ambassadors
EACH BIWEEKLY DEVELOPMENT CYCLE YOU MAY:
- Bring 1-3 insights from the previous cycle to benefit our team direction
- Revisit what gaps you’ve identified, what new support you need, which stakeholders you need such support from, and what support you can let go of
- Drive your ownership forward through requirements analysis, delegation and a flexible but strong commitment to results
- Explore possibilities with our team to integrate their work into your initiatives and iterate on our designs in a series of rapid prototypes tested with audience members
- Co-create collective rituals for presence and transformation for our team or community
EACH DAY YOU MAY:
- Act as the internal advocate and champion for a mission-first development team
- Direct, write and edit community content
- Manage social media and other platforms
- Understand and adhere to social media, intellectual property and other relevant laws, regulations and best practices
- Optimize your initiatives for increased presence, compassion and co-creative ability rather than optimizing for compulsive use
- Explore consciousness and collective flow to inform your work
WHAT YOU BRING TO TRU LUV:
- 1+ years experience in a community director or community lead role managing compassionate and generous communities
- 4+ years experience working in community or communications roles
- Successful experience establishing and building at least one online community
- Comfortable in a fast-growing environment where plans and priorities change quickly and everyone helps each other out to achieve our deliverables
- A love of big picture and strategic thinking
- Creativity, adaptability and resilience
- Strong direction skills such as in briefing your team and executing on your vision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a high degree of ownership with shifting priorities and an attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Thorough problem-solving abilities
- A thoughtful and considerate mindset
- Post-secondary qualifications in communications, marketing or social impact, or equivalent independent study and/or work experience
- Experience in advocating for marginalized communities whose voices are often overlooked in the tech industry
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with public speaking
- In your application, send us an example of a community that does things right, or send us an example of a great mission-driven community
SOME THINGS YOU MIGHT LOVE ABOUT WORKING WITH US:
- You can become a subject matter expert in an exciting new field championing new ways to engage and enrich our community
- Our internal culture interweaves self-leadership, transformational peer mentorship and our AI model to allow us to create magic together
- Our AI engine invites radical change in how we perceive, experience, interact, build and achieve together
- We optimize for presence and transformation rather than engagement and retention
- We’ll continue with flexible working arrangements once we return to our office
- You can receive expert training for speaking and community engagement opportunities
- We offer stock options, extended medical insurance and in-house developmental activities
- We offer relocation support for the right candidates
- We work with a range of global experts and marginalized communities
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.